What should be done if a child has developmental delay?

The child should be referred to a developmental clinic for assessment by a multi-disciplinary team. Do not simply advise the parents that the child will outgrow the problems. Causes of any developmental delay should be looked for and corrected if possible. It may be necessary to test the child’s sight and hearing. An interview with a social worker may be needed to exclude emotional or social problems at home or school. Children with developmental delay may be found to have a neurodevelopmental disability.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Please answer this question * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.